My Issues With Wp Styles

Everything began in the late 90's. I needed to place some news on my web site. A journal. A summary of future events. I began with simple HTML. One-page, with areas for each article. Easy.

Then I heard about 'blogs' and 'blogging.' Being intelligent, I picked Word-press, the most popular application. How smart, I thought. If you obtain the WYSIWYG editor going, anybody could put up a website. Very democratic.

This inspired my to create my outermost thoughts; on London, politics, and personal gripes. I learned about backlinks indexer by searching newspapers. As a web-master, I watched to see Google index them. 'Here we go', I thought, 'quickly, my gems of extrospection can belong to the ages.'

Except Google did not like my blog. It would perhaps not index much beyond the front page. Why, why, why?

Copy information? I set it to put only one post per-page.

No progress.

I looked at what Google was indexing. Then I looked at the blog HTML. Shortly, all became clear.

In sum:

- Word-press was however replicating my content, and

- It had no suitable META-TAGS, and

- There is a lot unnecessary HTML, and

- the content was obscured by The layout.

I'd an instant search o-n Google to find search engine optimization recommendations. There's a plug-in 'head META explanation' ( http://guff.szub.net/plugins/ ). But I did not use that, oh no. For fresh information, please check out: linklicious free.

For whatever reason, I got the notion that a complete style would be the ticket. I tried changing an existing one myself. Better, but not great. Google was starting to catalog more pages, nevertheless they all had the same title. Discover further on linklicious.me tutorial site by going to our dynamite paper. My missives to an uncaring world were being ignored.

So I got somebody else to accomplish one, based on my requirements, which were:

- Grab a META 'subject' from your article 'title';

- Grab a META 'explanation' from the blog 'excerpts';

- Put a ROBOTS 'noindex' tag in non-content pages.

But that wasn't enough. For best SEO results you need to arrange Wordpress brutally. You have to be _mean_ to it. You have to _man_ enough.

Used to do a bit of research and came up with to following guidelines.

WARNING: They're intense. If you have good ranks, making radical changes to-your URLs may possibly influence them. In my own case:

- Moving my blog http://www.ttblog.co.uk towards the root web directory,

- MOD_REWRITING its URLs, and

- Removing a 301 redirect,

... caused my PageRank to go to 0. BUT, page indexing was unchanged.

This is temporary, as Google saw it as 'suspect' behaviour. My site had been radically changed by me.

Listed here are the guidelines, for real _men_, who will look in the face area of internet death and laugh:

1. Activate permalinks by going to 'Options/Permalinks.' You may have allow Apache MOD_REWRITE on your website bill.

1a. Lessen the rule to just the %postname% variable. Don't work with the date codes. This keeps your URLs quick.

2. Point your blog in the uppermost listing possible. http://www.ttblog.co.uk is better than http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/

So an average post would appear to be

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

Instead of

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/2006/08/03/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

3. Then install an SEO'd theme.

My blog posts are now listed beautifully. The Google 'site:' command returns all my articles, and little else.

For my next concern, I take on Windows XP, and change it into an os.. To get different interpretations, people should check-out: is linklicious safe.

Write a comment

Comments: 0